Category 2 - Implementing Safe (Digging) Excavation Practices
This course includes both theoretical and practical assessments in order to increase the knowledge required for those working to safely excavate and maintain excavations and trenches using both hand tools and handheld power tools.
Often referred to as Safe Digging Practices
• Understand general and specific legislation and guidance for safe digging practices for excavations.
• Distinguish between good and bad practices via increased education in this specialist area
• Identify ground/soil types and changeable conditions faced on-site
• Carry out or interpret Risk Assessment and Permits to Work
• Implement safe digging practices through hand digging techniques.
The one day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
• EUSR photo id card with qualification stated on back of card