Excavation Support Training, Category 3, 4 & 5 - Install, Inspect & Remove Timber, Steel and Proprietary Shoring Systems
Excavation Support Course
Learners will become familiarised with the necessity for identifying various ground conditions, and will come to understand a variety of methods for utilising the appropriate ground retention system(s).
This course also includes practical training and assessments while installing ground support systems in a live dig environment with a specific temporary works designs.
• Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
• Differentiate between soil types and conditions
• Recognise suitable ground retention systems
• Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
• Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards
• Be able to safely install, inspect, and remove timber, steel and proprietary shoring equipment with practical experience in doing so
• Interpret specific temporary works designs
The course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
• EUSR photo id card with qualification stated on the back of the card