Category 3 - Install, Inspect & Remove Timber Shoring Systems
This course introduced the learner to the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation work. Examples of areas covered are, but not limited to, the HSE's HSG15O and HSG47 guidance documents, as well as the Construction Industry Research and Information Associations report.
This course includes practical training and assessments whist installing ground support systems, in a live dig environment, with specific temporary work designs.
• Identify hazards associated with timber excavations and implement control measures
• Differentiate between soil types and ground conditions
• Recognise suitable ground retention systems
• Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
• Understand current legislation, policies and procedures associated with safety in excavations
• Execute the safe installation, removal, and inspection of timber shoring systems
• Interpret specific temporary work designs
The one day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
• EUSR photo ID card with qualification stated on back of card