Category 4 - Install, Inspect & Remove Steel Shoring Systems
This course introduces the learner to the theoretical and practical dangers of excavation work.
Examples of areas covered are, but not limited to the HSE's HSG150, HSG 47 guidance, the Construction Industry Research and Information Associations report.
Learners will become familiarised with the necessity for identifying various ground conditions, and will come to understand a variety of methods for utilising the appropriate ground retention system(s). This course includes practical training and assessments whist installing ground support systems in a live dig environment with specific temporary work designs.
• Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
• Differentiate between soil types and conditions
• Recognise suitable ground retention systems
• Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
• Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards
• Be able to safely install, remove and inspect steel shoring equipment w/practical experience in doing so
• Interpret specific temporary work designs
The two day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
• EUSR photo ID card with qualification stated on back of card