Category 5 - Install, Inspect & Remove Proprietary Shoring Systems
Learners will become familiarised with the necessity for identifying various ground conditions, and will come to understand a variety of methods for utilising the appropriate ground retention system(s). This course includes practical training and assessments whilst installing ground support systems in a live dig environment.
• Identify the dangers and hazards associated with working in excavations
• Differentiate between soil types and conditions
• Recognise suitable ground retention systems
• Carry out risk assessments unique to excavations
• Recognise the hazards, and implement control measures for those hazards
• Understand current legislation, policies and procedures associated with safety in excavations
• Be able to safely install, remove and inspect proprietary shoring equipment and gain practical experience in doing so
• Interpret specific temporary work designs
The two day course can accommodate up to 8 delegates per day.
• EUSR photo id card with qualification stated on back of card